The International College of Semiconductor Technology is poised to be an industry-oriented international college offering master’s and doctoral programs.
Complementing with the development of the University’s existing departments, the College cultivates learning that is built upon the foundational theories in undergraduate studies (the Department of Electronic Engineering, the Department of Electrical Engineering, the Department of Electrophysics, the Department of Materials Engineering and the Department of Electrophysics). Supported by the R &D foundation of the Nano Facility Center, the College integrates with the electronics, electrical engineering, machinery, materials, electrophysics, applied chemistry and biotechnology research capabilities of the University’s various graduate institutes for mutual cooperation and development. The semiconductor research focus of the College includes semiconductor materials, solid-state electronic components, advanced system packaging, integrated circuit design and heterogeneous system integration. In addition, it emphasizes patent acquisition to develop the next generation of semiconductor technology that belongs to Taiwan. It also cultivates high-level professional talents to lead Taiwan’s semiconductor industry, strengthen the international influence of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry, and lead Taiwan into establishing a key position in emerging technology industries.
Key Developments of the College
- Research and develop next generation semiconductor technology.
- Cultivate high-level talents with global mobility and cross-disciplinary capability.
- Promote internationalization and enhance competitiveness
Development Direction of the College
- Recruit internationally renowned scholars to teach. Integrate the teaching resources of the College of Computer and Electrical Engineering, the College of Engineering and the College of Science to attract outstanding students interested in semiconductor.
- Fully adopt teaching in English. Coordinate with Chinese language training, recruit foreign students and recruit international talents to invest in Taiwan’s semiconductor industry to improve domestic semiconductor technology. In addition, emphasize general education in patents and intellectual property rights laws to enhance the legal knowledge of research talents and enhance the output value of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry patents.
- Cultivate talents and enhance R&D capability through close industry cooperation, industry support, international exchanges and assistance of government policies.