National Chiao Tung University
National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) is a renowned research university located next to famous high-tech Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. NCTU has been playing vital roles in providing the talents and research in building up the successful semiconductor industry in Taiwan. Today, NCTU positions itself as a university of “holistic education, academic excellence, and technological innovation”. NCTU aims to become a hub of global high-tech R&D and an incubator of innovative and creative talents and therefore, a top university in the world. Our ultimate goal is to establish a “great university” that can identify, challenge and prepare pioneers and leaders to advance human knowledge base and elevate human civilization in quantum scale. Lately, Vietnamese government promotes the development of microelectronic industry and research as a potential focal point of the national economic development, which requires a strong educational and research commitment to ensure its success.
International College of Semiconductor Technology
Founded in August 2015, the International College of Semiconductor Technology (ICST) is the first professional international college of semiconductor technology in Taiwan. National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) is renowned for seeding the development of semiconductor technology in Taiwan which is essential for the success of its modern IC industry. Located in the main campus and serving as the hub of research activities related to semiconductor technology in NCTU, the ICST encourages multidisciplinary collaborations with academic departments across NCTU as well as the industries nationwide, particularly those located in the Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park. In addition to pursuing excellence in research at the international level, we are committed to cultivate young talents with views of globalization and industrialization through various exciting programs at the international level.
ICST-NCTU Overseas Master Degree Program
On the start of the search for semiconductor manufacturing technology and IC design degrees, ICST is the first professional international college of semiconductor technology in Asia. Our vision is to develop emerging semiconductor technologies and to raise young talents for the next generation high-tech industry. Through the international collaboration with Vietnam National University Hanoi University of Science (VNU-HUS), ICST established an international education platform in Vietnam, which provides the only master degree program in the field of semiconductor in Vietnam. The mission of this overseas master program is to cultivate creative talents in the fields of semiconductor technology and semiconductor circuits. Students will have the opportunities for Internship and research in NCTU, Hsinchu campus with self-covered travel and living expenses. Qualified students will receive travel support, with possible assistantship provided by the NCTU faculty members. Students will have the opportunities for Internship and research in NCTU, Hsinchu campus with self-covered travel and living expenses. Qualified students will receive travel support, with possible assistantship provided by the NCTU faculty members.
Degree name: Degree of Master of Science, International College of Semiconductor Technology
(1) Provisions for years of study: 2 years
(2) Minimum 1.5 years, maximum 4 years
Credits for graduation: 30 credits (Compulsory courses: 12 credits; Elective courses: 12 credits; Thesis: 6)
(1) The MS program shall develop students for the emerging semiconductor industry and/or advanced research and teaching faculty in academia.
(2) This unique program offers semiconductor-technology-centric curriculum by integrating the excellent professors in the field from ICST and other Departments in NCTU.
(3) The design of the curriculum shall balance theory and practice with both depth and breadth to foster students with professional knowledge such as electronic devices and components, VLSI manufacturing and processing technology, packaging, and reliability. The emphasis is put on both theory and practice to foster semiconductors (electronic components, manufacturing, Packaging)
(4) English teaching, project report, and Master thesis
(5) Master’s thesis shall foster training in problem solving and building theoretical knowledge.
Curriculum planning of ICST-NCTU Overseas Master Degree Program:
|VLSI Manufacture Technology||3|
|Packaging Technology and Equipment||3|
|Electronic and Optoelectronic Materials||3|
|Materials Characterization for Semiconductors||3|
|Thin Film Technology||3|
|Surface Characterization and Analysis||3|
|Advanced Process and Equipment Technologies in Microelectronics||3|
|Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology||3|
|Solid State Physics||3|
|Semiconductor Physics and Devices (I)||3|
|Introduction to CMOS circuit design||3|
|Memory Circuits and Systems||3|
|Semiconductor Lithography, Cleaning and Inspection||3|
Students have the same privilege and access to on-line course registration system and on-line e-campus teaching/course platform (https://e3new.nctu.edu.tw), where reference materials, course reading materials, course notes, lecture notes (NCTU Academic Affairs Digital Content Production Center) are made available.
Registration fee: $250 (USD) per semester
Credit fee: $250 (USD) per credit hour
(1) Credit Tuition 100% off: 2 students, Credit Tuition 50% off: 8 students
Scholarship will be renewed if his or her academic performance is maintained at a required level.
(2) Corporate-sponsored scholarships (work in progress) are available in addition to the above.
(3) Research assistantship may be provided by NCTU faculty members to qualified students working on the Hsinchu campus during their 2nd year study in the program.
More Information and Contact
Online Application System: https://oia-sys.nctu.edu.tw:8088/admissions/
ICST website: http://icst.nctu.edu.tw > Overseas Program
Phone: +886-3-5712121 #55914 Ms. Chou