The International College of Semiconductor Technology (ICST) is positioned as an industry-oriented international institute with master’s and doctoral programs that complement the development of the department’s existing departments (Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronic Physics , Department of Materials Engineering, etc.)
Fundamental learning related to basic research, supplemented by the research and development foundation established by Nano Center, combined with the Institute of Electronics, Electrical Machinery, Material Sciences, Electronic Physics, Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology. The research vigour is developed in a complementary and cooperative manner. The Institute’s research focuses on the semiconductor industry such as semiconductor materials, solid-state electronic components, high-end system packaging, integrated circuit design and heterogeneous system integration thereby strengthening patent acquisition to develop the next generation technology.
Nurturing of professional high-level talents to lead the Taiwan semiconductor industry, strengthening the influence of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry in the international arena, and guiding Taiwan to establish a key position in the emerging technology industry are our goals.
Focus of College Development
- Research and development of next generation semiconductor technology
- Cultivate high-level talents with global mobility and cross-disciplinary skills
- Promote internationalization and enhance competitiveness
The Orientation of College Development
- Encourage internationally renowned scholars to teach, and to combine the teaching resources of the School of Electrical Engineering, the College of Engineering and the College of Science.
- To attract outstanding students interested in the semiconductor field. We adopt full English medium of teaching, cooperate with Chinese language training, recruit foreign students as well as international talents to invest in Taiwan’s semiconductor industry, and work together to improve semiconductor technology. Emphasize general education of patents and intellectual rights to enhance the legal knowledge of research talents and enhance the output value of Taiwan’s semiconductor industry patents.
- Nurture talents and research capabilities through close cooperation and support from the industry, international collaborations and government schemes.